About Me

Some say that he isn't all there, and that he blogs here about VideoGames, Let's Plays and other crap. All we know is - He's known as Shadigo... Or ShadigoIzayoi10Join... or LetsPlayShadigo.

Subscribe on YouTube! Follow on Twitter!

Saturday 26 February 2011

Ok, so if you haven't seen the announcement video over at LPS:

Basically I've been ill for pretty much the majority of this week, and whilst I have (albeit barely) managed to do my one-update-a-weekday thing I've been doing for my Main LP series that I've been doing recently, I haven't managed to record anything since. I'm probably going to go record something later whilst I'm not being bothered by anyone - and hopefully, all I will need to do will be the Extra videos - Which I'll probably do on my own time. And since I try to record during the week (which didn't happen) and thus over the weekend I do all the editing and stuff (which won't happen now) I have no videos to upload next week. So if you're about to wonder about updates this next coming week - that is why.

Also, I'm announcing that Sonic Adventurre 2 will be my last LP to be encoded in HD quality for a while. My reasons for this are as follows:

They're a pain in the ass to encode

Eash 20-or-so minute video takes on average of 2 hours to encode to HD resolution (I'm using 1280 x 720 as the resolution for the record) and during those 2 hours I cannot do ANYTHING else on the computer. If I try this again, It will probably be on a more powerful PC than I currently have right now - and even then that'll take a while...

They're a pain in the ass to upload

When my Internet connection isn't busy each HD file (which averages about 250MB in size) will take an hour or so to upload, but I share my internet connection with other wireless compatible electronics - from my Nintendo DS, Wii and Xbox 360, to my Niece's Netbook and various wireless enabled smartphones the family owns. and when my connection is being shared (and the netbook is the main culprit here) my upload speed takes a nosedive and hardly uploads anything in 10 minutes, which has made me quickly loose patience with the upload so I cancel it so I can do other internet-related things. So while I try and upload when my computer is the only thing using the internet, it's not ususally the best time for me. (either Late at night when everyone's asleep, or early in the morning) Also recently I've been having issues with Uploading things (Pretty much every part of the DARK story of Sonic Adventure 2 has failed to upload for one reason or another, usually YouTube's "an unknown error has occoured" bullcrap) and I'm getting pretty sick of it.

I'm getting into trouble IRL

The simple explanation to this is thus: I leave the PC on overnight to encode videos. It's adding up on the electric Bill, and thus I'm getting into trouble with the family over it. Especially recently since I've nether worked, nor recieved any money since before Christmas and currently I'm strapped for cash.
As for what is happening with Sonic Adventure 2 - I'm approximating 4 more videos for the DARK side story (3 story videos + Optional item grabbing video) and two videos for teh Last Story (first Video, opening cutscenes + Cannon's Core, second Video The Final Bossfights) + about 2 videos covering Extras and 2P Mode (though that's only a maybe) - so there's another 8 or so videos for the LP to go.
Oh, and the first half of my Super Bomberman 3 LP (episodes 1-9) is up on blip.tv - you can look at the playlist here. The Remaining eight episodes should be up sometime tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment